Through many years of hard work and dedication, I’ve established a strong career in fashion. Each role has been a dynamic endeavour, providing me with an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. I’m always looking for new projects and partners to collaborate with, so get in touch if you’d like to connect.
· High energy and entrepreneurial leader able to effectively multi-task, supervise intercultural teams, apply fluency in English, French, Italian, and Tagalog, and manage business affairs across the globe.
· Collaborated on design and production projects with variety of retailers: Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom’s, Saks and larger organizations including Wal-Mart, Target, JC Penney’s; experienced and coordinating with overseas factories in Korea, China, Italy, and Mauritius.
· Spearheaded efforts to create new styles to grow customer base and generate new business categories; developed products ranging from high-end menswear to women’s sportswear and swimwear.
· Hand-selected to participate in NYC’s “Made in New York” initiative, promoting local business to support NYC Garment District.
January 2005 - Present
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, THOMAS DEAN
Orchestrate global creative direction along with product development and production teams. Cultivate brand identity using cross-functional campaigns, including social media, e-commerce, and print campaigns. Build sales strategy with business partners, including margin requirements. Facilitate workplace culture that allowed team members to creatively express themselves while continuing to optimize brand identity. Direct responsibilities related to budget management, task scheduling, locating cost reductions, workflow planning, and milestone tracking. Develop image assets for E-commerce and physical marketing campaigns by overseeing photoshoot productions.
· Grew company from start-up to highly successful business; spearheaded global creative direction, product development, and production teams responsible for 1.2M+ units of goods annually.
· Directed Asia factory matrix; allocated production based on factories’ capabilities to manufacture and deliver products with run rate of 95.5%.
· Enhanced workflows by developing and implementing procedures for sales teams, third-party sourcing agents, vendors, and factories to establish company’s standard operating practices.
January 2000 - January 2005
HEAD DESIGNER, GIII APPAREL
Held bottom-line accountability for strengthening brand identity, increasing sales, and developing full seasonal trend concepts for menswear and womenswear. Scope of responsibility included conducting market research, analysing client feedback, and liaising with major brands including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstrom’s. Devised sportswear collection alongside VP of Merchandising. Applied leadership skills, creative drive, and expertise in business development, product development, and brand strategy to develop variety of garments.
· Oversaw team of technical designers, patternmakers, and sample makers to ensure garments fit retailer’s size and fit guidelines
· Maximized sales by collaborating with PR firm to promote clothing line; solely responsible for coordinating photo shoots for editorials, styling celebrities, and TV media presentations.
· Conducted extensive market and trend research and monitored product development and production progress by traveling abroad to Europe and Asia; forged solid relationships and grew professional network.
1997 - 2000
Simone Tobias Swimwear – New York, New York
Chrysalis Lingerie – New York, New York
Fashion Design & Art Adjust Faculty
Fashion Institute of Technology – New York, New York
Director of Design and Merchandising, Ecko Red Outerwear
Marc Ecko – New York, New York
Head Designer - Men’s, Women’s, and Accessories
Compagnia delle Pelli SPA – Florence, Italy