In the last 20 years, I have worked as an innovative Creative Director in the fashion industry researching and creating collections with proven successes in brand identity and business developments.
With an extensive background in design, I bring an empathetic and artistic eye to the user-centric process of UX. My design thinking is driven by curiosity in understanding the user and capturing insights to discover and implement thoughtful design solutions.
Freelance UX Designer • March 2020 – April 2020
Urban Leisure – New York
Researched and developed user-centric tenant-facing native mobile app to enhance resident experience in a modern communal living environment. Collaborated with UX team to recruit and moderate research to incorporate at stages of product cycle. Worked in an agile environment to develop product.
Incorporated market analysis, data-driven insights and user research findings to help drive design strategy and product decision making delivering a consistent, intuitive best practice experience with the user at the heart of every decision
Effectively presented deliverables and communicated results and process to stakeholder with precision and clarity.
Proven ability to move beyond data, getting to valuable insights, and effectively collaborating with team members to implement research-backed design solutions.
Creative Director • 2010 – 2020
Thomas Dean – New York
Orchestrate global creative direction along with product development and production teams. Cultivate brand identity using cross-functional campaigns, including social media, e-commerce, and print campaigns. Build sales strategy with business partners, including margin requirements. Facilitate workplace culture that allowed team members to creatively express themselves while continuing to optimize brand identity. Direct responsibilities related to budget management, task scheduling, locating cost reductions, workflow planning, and milestone tracking. Develop image assets for E-commerce and physical marketing campaigns by overseeing photoshoot productions.
· Grew company from start-up to highly successful business; spearheaded global creative direction, product development, and production teams responsible for 1.2M+ units of goods annually.
· Directed Asia factory matrix; allocated production based on factories’ capabilities to manufacture and deliver products with run rate of 95.5%.
· Enhanced workflows by developing and implementing procedures for sales teams, third-party sourcing agents, vendors, and factories to establish company’s standard operating practices.
Design Director • 2005 – 2010
TAILORBYRD – New York, New York
Directed seasonal design collection of women’s sportswear with thoughtful fabric selections and curated color stories. Maintained awareness on current culture to identify emerging global trends in fabrics, product categories, and silhouettes to drive newness and sales growth. Partnered with principals and team members evaluating market needs aligned with business strategy while ensuring brand uniformity.
Created seasonal themes, color palettes, and print selections in conjunction with company’s menswear line for a cohesive presentation; supported design team throughout process working closely with cross functional teams in troubleshooting potential issues.
· Mentored and oversaw design, product development, and production team; focused on motivational leadership to encourage individual engagement and growth.
· Established ownership of product lifecycle solving challenges with flexible and creative solutions to uphold seasonal milestones.
Head Designer • 2000 – 2005
G-III Apparel Group – New York, New York
Held bottom-line accountability for strengthening brand identity, increasing sales, and developing full seasonal trend concepts for menswear and womenswear. Scope of responsibility included conducting market research, analysing client feedback, and liaising with major brands including Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, and Nordstrom’s. Devised sportswear collection alongside VP of Merchandising. Applied leadership skills, creative drive, and expertise in business development, product development, and brand strategy to develop variety of garments.
· Oversaw team of technical designers, patternmakers, and sample makers to ensure garments fit retailer’s size and fit guidelines
· Maximized sales by collaborating with PR firm to promote clothing line; solely responsible for coordinating photo shoots for editorials, styling celebrities, and TV media presentations.
· Conducted extensive market and trend research and monitored product development and production progress by traveling abroad to Europe and Asia; forged solid relationships and grew professional network.
Certificate of Completion – User Experience Design
General Assembly – New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Fashion Design
Fashion Institute of Technology – New York, NY
Associate of Applied Sciences – Fashion Design
Fashion Institute of Technology – New York, NY
Certificate of Completion – Fashion Design
ESMOD – Paris, France
AREA OF EXPERTISE
User Research & Interviews
Wireframing & Prototyping
Persona & Archetype Development
User & Task Flows
Product Lifecycle Management
Training & Mentoring
Product Release Cycles